May 21, 2020
Dear Erskine Underclass Students and Their Families–
The passage of time and the arrival of warm weather and greenery, as welcome as they may be, make us miss you even more. Although our energies have been rightfully directed at the recognition of our seniors and their graduation, please know that like them, you too mean the world to us.
We have established this End-of-Year Schedule to conclude your high school studies for the year. Please give this information a close read, with particular attention to the dates. Also, please note that some will end sooner than others based upon grades earned in the first two trimesters and remote learning participation ratings for the third trimester. Those lacking credits in required courses will continue with their remote learning to recover the needed credit(s). We will communicate any changes made to this schedule due to COVID-19 and civil emergency developments.
- Tuesday, May 26. No additional weekly assignments issued after this date.
- Monday, June 1. The final remote assignment is due to teachers.
- Wednesday, June 3. All third-trimester work is to be returned to teachers for a rating on the “F0-P1-P2” scale for engaging and participating in remote learning. Ratings of P1 or P2 receive credit for the third trimester; a rating of F0 receives no credit for the trimester.
- Thursday, June 4 through Wednesday, June 10. Students failing to receive credit in courses required for grade advancement have the opportunity for remote credit recovery assignments. Students should contact the school (445-2962) for assignments or if they need tutoring help with recovery assignments. Credit recovery will continue until the student sufficiently completes work in courses required for grade advancement.
- Monday, June 8 through Thursday, June 11. 8:00am–2:00pm. Underclass students return or renew the use of all school-issued materials and equipment, i.e., texts, library books, Chromebooks, etc., in the cafeteria (enter the cafe from the side doors that open onto the athletic fields), then proceed to clean our lockers. Please follow this Return Schedule to avoid being billed for unreturned materials:
MONDAY, JUNE 8 JUNIORS
TUESDAY, JUNE 9 SOPHOMORES
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 10 FRESHMEN
THURSDAY, JUNE 11 Any Student Unable to Report with Their Class
In closing, the school remains open to you Monday through Thursday, 8:00am-2:00pm. Please call us in advance or upon your arrival at 445-2962, and you will be greeted at the front doors. Visit us during these hours of operations to pay any outstanding bills, drop off completed assignments, or to receive your yearbook.
Closing a school year this way is not ideal and it does require cooperation and patience. Please be in touch with us as necessary to complete your studies, receive your credits, and return your materials. Your teachers and I are so looking forward to holding the doors of Erskine open to you in the fall. In the meantime, there is the summer to be enjoyed! Be good, and be well.
Wishing you good days ahead,