Erskine Academy is an independent secondary school dedicated to providing all students a high quality education. Through an extensive academic program, rich and meaningful experiences, and a caring school community, the Academy develops a firm foundation in scholarship, leadership, stewardship, and relationships.
- Scholarship – A rigorous and relevant program of studies, with high standards for teaching and learning, provides students with knowledge and skills for success in high school and beyond.
- Leadership – Through positive and active engagement in school life, students learn more about themselves, discover their gifts and talents, and mentor and motivate others to strive for excellence and put forth their best effort.
- Stewardship – Through a culture of awareness and sense of responsibility, individuals are encouraged to enhance and preserve their communities—school, local, and global.
- Relationships – Through mutual respect and care, the Erskine Academy community fosters a school environment that is centered on kindness, civility, and safety and that accepts and values its members for their unique characteristics and individuality.
Goals and Objectives
To fulfill its mission, Erskine Academy will:
- Foster a strong sense of school identity and sustain strong relationships between the school and the communities from which students are drawn.
- Provide an academically, physically, and emotionally safe environment in which to learn through clear academic and social expectations consistently appled to all members of the school community.
- Offer contemporary academic programs that assure the development of intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and a pattern of continual learning while maintaining traditional values.
- Challenge and support students’ aspirations, inspire their learning, and accelerate the discovery of their gifts and talents, thus allowing them to achieve their full potential.
- Recognize each student as a valued member of the school, thus promoting a sense of self-worth, confidence, and independence.
- Aid students in developing an awareness of civic, social, and environmental responsibility, thus fostering an appreciation and respect for our school, local, and global communities.
- Develop in students an appreciation and understanding of the past and the present while developing a sense of responsibility for our changing, complex, and interconnected world.
- Provide students with opportunities to demonstrate qualities such as responsibility, initiative, and commitment, both in and out of the classroom.